24.11.10

Greetings after a long break!

Would you believe I can access this blog to add a new POST! They (whoever that is!) haven't let me on here for years. Always insisted I didn't have a Blog! I have mostly used Facebook, but I may just share an update here since I have the opportunity.
I am in the US for my yearly visit - spent all day today (with help from some great young fellows from Cafe 41:11) toading a huge truck two times with hospital equipment donated by a hospital that closed. The truck was from our Shipper ARK TRANSPORTATION . We hope to be able to ship a container full of needed construction material and hospital equipment in December. Pray with us that the needed funds will be available for that.
The hospital construction is comming right along! The roof is all on, the septic and sewer systems are ready and installed. The sidewalk around the hospital is being poured while I am gone. An encouraging thing happened before I left the end of October. The big cement company in Bolivia (SOBOCE) is donating cement to us for the floors of the hospital. My garage is piled high with 200 bags of cement. PTL! In January Dave Ballantyne and his son are comming down to help install ceramic tile on the floors and the walls. Their help will be a wonderful thing to have! Between August and October two nurses came to visit and help. Julia Bell from Seattle and Rachel Pearson from England are interestingly both boat-dwellers in their respective continents. I like boat-people! It is so encouraging to have such people come to help. If God ever lays on your heart a desire to help out with Bethel Hospital - you are more than welcome.
I feel like I am pushing my luck here so I'll say bye for now. You all have a Blessed Thanksgiving. Above all lets be thankful for the GIVER who thankfully is neither unemployed nor downsizing! Lots of Love, Judy

No comments: